At least 2 days a week I do not want to go to the dining hall because I have class at 8, and I don’t want to go without breakfast because I would be prone to lightheadedness. This is more difficult for me than for some other people because I am allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, so the go-to plan of peanut butter is not an option.
I’m searching around for ideas, and I also found this list to remind me what types of things are necessary:
- Whole grains: Things like whole-grain toast and bagels, whole-grain cereal and low-fat bran muffins.
- Low-fat protein: Things like peanut butter, poultry or fish and hard-boiled eggs.
- Low-fat dairy: These include skim milk, low-fat yogurt and cottage cheese.
- Fruits and vegetables: These include fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables, 100% juice beverages or fruit and veggie smoothies.
So here’s my ongoing list of quick breakfasts for college, oven-/stove-free!
- Oatmeal (with some frozen fruits like raspberries, cranberries)—hot or cold
- Granola Bars
- Nut-Free Muesli
- Breakfast tortilla (with sunflower “Nutella” or Biscoff Spread)
- Instant Breakfast
- Blender-Free or Hand Blender Smoothie
Therefore, extra things to buy & bring that I can’t find at the dining hall:
- Hand blender
- Sunflower seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Wheat germ
- Flax seeds
Do you have any ideas? Let me know in the comments!