Oh no, I’m being very bad with this NaBloPoMo. It’s quarter past 11 at night and I just remembered to do this. Oops. I will get better at this, I swear, once I get back into the swing of things on Monday. For now, perhaps, I shall make a list of things I am looking forward to in the near future:
- My new camera will be coming Monday hopefully, a week late due to the storm. I think it’s already on campus, but I cannot yet get to it. I’m excited to use it, because it will be my first SLR.
- Monday (or possibly Tuesday) I should also be getting my Kindle. I have an eReader already, but this one is a lot better—I can share books with friends, highlight, and read articles and any webpages that can easily be sent right to the eReader itself. That is my favorite part.
- Tuesday I get to vote in my first presidential election. Unfortunately because of the storm, I cannot do an absentee ballot because even though I sent away for it, the first time it was lost in the mail and the second time it was too late because I haven’t even received the ballot back yet. Instead, I will be driving two hours home on Tuesday morning, vote, and drive right back for my night class.
- On the 17th I will also be going home, this time to see my high school band perform along with a lot of bagpipes. That’s right—we have bagpipes. And they are wonderful.
- The next and final thing on the list is Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to seeing family, possibly some friends, and have some time off that was already previously scheduled. If there’s one thing I dislike about this past week with the storm, it’s the fact that all of this time off was so unplanned that my brain doesn’t know what to make of it. I need to plan things a bit in order to handle the world—probably why I’m having a bit of difficulty with NaBloPoMo—so once I have some routine back on Monday, things will be a bit more on track.